Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Damn Fine Cookie



I don't know who is in charge of product ordering at my neighborhood HEB but they deserve a raise. This weekend I bought a box of cookies for the office. No, I did not allow myself to be pressured by 9 year olds hawking Girl Scout cookies in front of the entrance. Instead, I fell for the low price and exotic appearance of Anna's Ginger Thins, the delicately crisp ginger cookie produced by a Swedish bakery in Canada. Every one who's tried one agrees, this is one damn fine cookie. I like ginger snaps but some brands are baked so hard you nearly break a tooth eating one. These thins are the perfect texture. Why don't you grab a box and a cup of coffee and try one yourself?

5 comments:

TwinKim said...

These are one of my most favorite cookies! I can't get them in our regular grocery store, though, only at World Market. There are a few other kinds of them besides the ginger cookies but the ginger ones are best. Here's wishing you a plate full of ginger cookies and a tall glass of cold milk!

Amy said...

I love Anything Ginger.

Juliabohemian said...

they sell those at IKEA too

eliz. s. said...

This post is included in Austinist's best of the Austin blogs for this week.

Missychel said...

yummm....I agree!! I found them @ Central Market. They go great with vanilla icecream