Six bits of trivia that uphold the fact that I am definitely turning 40 in five weeks:
1. My friends and I were excited when Pop Rocks appeared on the market in 1975.
2. I stood in line to see the very first Star Wars movie and know without a doubt that it was named Star Wars, not Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. I also owned the Luke Skywalker action figure from The Empire Strikes Back. It came with a Tauntaun that had a slit in it's belly so you could slide Luke inside and keep him from freezing to death on the ice planet Hoth.
3. I bought the single (on 45rpm) of Music Box Dancer after it hit #3 on the charts in 1979. I think it's still a pretty pop instrumental.
4. And later, I wore out my cassette tape of Billy Idol "Rebel Yell".
5. I know that Hong Kong Phooey changed into his crime fighting costume in the bottom drawer of a filing cabinet.
6. The same year I saw Star Wars, I also attended my first R rated movie...with my mother and sister. It was the disco classic Saturday Night Fever. "It's a decision a girl's gotta make early in life, if she's gonna be a nice girl or a cunt." ~Tony Manero.