All I have to do is pick my favorite film for each letter of the alphabet. Sounds easy enough!
Here are the rules according to Blog Cabins:
(Oh, real quick, rule 3 seems a bit tricky, but once you figure out not to use any films from the Star Wars, LOTR, Indiana Jones, or the Narnia series, you’ll be fine).
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter “A” and the word “The” do not count as the beginning of a film’s title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don’t know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under “R,” not “S” as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with “S.” Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under “R,” not “I” as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under “L” and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under “C,” as that’s what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number’s word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under “T.”
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type “alphabet meme” into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you’re selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
Okay, let's see if I can make a list of 26 movies that I heart...
Breakfast Club, The
Color Purple, The
Empire Strikes Back, The is a tie with Exorcist, The
Gone With the Wind
Home at the End of the World, A
If Lucy Fell
Jesus Christ Superstar
King Kong (1976)
Lady & the Tramp, The
Maria Full of Grace
Nine to Five
Omen, The (original one, not the tatty 2006 remake)
Princess Bride, The
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars ties with Silence of the Lambs, The
Ten Commandments, The (because God has to look just like Charlton Heston)
Under the Tuscan Sun
V for Vendetta
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
Zodiac (with Jake Gyllenhaal)
Wow! Not all of those are exactly my utmost favorite. I just couldn't think of another movie name starting with a "V" or an "X". But I have to say, they're all movies I'll watch again and again.
I'm tagging everyone. Hah!