Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Brain Candy...Escape Reality with My Top 5

One of my favorite activities is reading. It's how I escape from reality. So yeah, I'm not really into non-fiction. Here are my top 5 books or series for fleeing from the weights of the world like bills, more bills and the never-ending Presidential vote discussions. What? You really think that it's over after today's vote? Hah. Keep reading. And then go find one of my top 5 and sink into a very different reality.

  1. The Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton
  2. The Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires series by Charlaine Harris (currently shown on HBO as the series "True Blood".
  3. The Harry Potter series. I really don't care that it's marketed toward children.
  4. Kim Harrison's The Hollows series. Yes, there is a theme in my escapism. LOL
  5. Wasted by Marya Hornbacher. It's an eating disorder memoir. What can I say except it helps me to see that my life has never been as screwed up as it could've become?

Got one for me? Post a comment.

No comments: