- "Codependent Christmas" by Austin's own Therapy Sisters. Sweetly irreverent.
- "Monster Ballads XMAS" is a perfect blend of Queensryche, Dokken, Twisted Sister and much more, an 80's hair band extravaganza of carols.
- "Christmas Island" is Jimmy Buffett's take on holiday sound. Make a pitcher of margaritas and listen to this as you trim the tree.
- Or if martinis, not ritas are your thing, give a listen to "Christmas With the Rat Pack".
- "Christmas A Go Go" is on my 'must buy' list. This disc has Keith Richards singing "Run Rudolph Run"...that alone makes me want it. With artists from Brian Setzer to Soupy Sales and even the Ramones, you can't find a better mix.
- "The Christmas Album" by Air Supply. Shut up, you know you love them.
- "Ho Ho Ho" by Rupaul. His version of "All I Want For Christmas" is hysterical.
- Cyndi Lauper's "Merry Christmas...Have a Nice Life!" is sheer genius. Buy it.
- "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics". Degenerate but for South Park fans, it's a no brainer for what to play as background music while you're wrapping presents.
- "Christmas Gumbo" will satisfy you with what you're craving, if what you're craving is a bluesy, zydeco and jazzed up Christmas. Among others, it has Art & Aaron Neville and Beausoleil...need I say more?
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Rush Right Out & Buy These Christmas CD's!
Here's a list of Christmas music that is guaranteed to be much more interesting than the Muzak stylings so often heard during the holiday season. Better yet, I've linked them to their Amazon site for easy purchasing.