Monday, November 20, 2006

Wind It Up

The most bizarre moment of my weekend happened while I was driving down Mopac listening to the radio. I heard Gwen Stefani's song "Wind It Up" for the first time. The first single from her newest album is interesting.

I wonder if her fans are as fond of Broadway musicals as Gwen? She sampled Fiddler on the Roof's "If I Were a Rich Man" in her "Rich Girl" song from her debut solo album. Her newest single samples another musical, this time Rodgers & Hammerstein favorite "The Sound of Music". Yes, Gwen yodels like the best Maria Von Trapp since Julie Andrews. "Wind It Up" samples "The Lonely Goatherd" song although her song lyrics seem to have little else in common with the R&H one, other than they both touch on communication between boys and girls and a reference to Stefani's clothing line, L.A.M.B.

Wanna see the video? Since I don't know how to embed in blogs, check it out here.

No comments: