Friday, April 14, 2006

My Eudaemonic Life

A long time ago I made the decision to live my life in the way that best made me happy. My reasoning was, and still is, that if it harms no one and I am happy then it's good. My twenties were a chaotic period of time that chewed up the immature and irresponsible me and threw me out into my thirties a better person. I found that I respected honesty, even if it didn't always feel the greatest, and that I wanted to live with as few regrets as possible. I wanted to treat others well and in turn, be pleased by their happiness. My own happiness grows when I make others feel special and loved.

My life hasn't been your average one. It can certainly never be called normal. When you live in both the homosexual and heterosexual communities "normal" is not part of your vocabulary. But I've been happier in the last few years than I ever have. I've been filling my time with splendidly satisfying events. Although there have been rough patches along the way my life has been gorgeous and absurd and valuable and full. And it's mine. All mine.

I have made choices people don't agree with or don't understand, but at the end of the day I know who I am. No matter what name you know me by, whether it's Kay, Kaya or Kiki, let me sum this up for you: I am me. And this is my life.

3 comments:

Kay said...

eudaemonic

adj : producing happiness and well-being [syn: eudemonic]

(F)redddy said...

You go girl- gay slang : You ARE fabulous. [syn: You rock socks]

Kay said...

I love my Big Gay Daddy!!