Friday, October 22, 2010

Everybody's workin' for the weekend..

It doesn't get any easier, as we age, to make it through a rough work week.  Just like Loverboy went from wearing tight red leather pants to this, my life is such that Monday morning starts with me feeling energized and ready and ends Friday afternoon on life support.  TGIF, yeah, yeah, can you get me another cup of coffee?

Saturdays should be for sleeping in, but since we have an active toddler, no one sleeps late anymore.  Instead, you can find me training with Austin Fit for the February half marathon.  If I can't sleep, I might as well work out.  And, oh man...it is so hard to get moving on Saturday morning.  I know I need to exercise.  I know I need to dump some more pounds.  This isn't rocket science.  But maybe rocket fuel would be the perfect assist in getting me out of bed and on the road.  (Note to self: invest in Espresso Love Gu).

It's ironic that the two days when I have time to relax are the same two days that Jaime is rarin' to go, get out of the house, go somewhere, do something.  I'm thinking about a bottle of wine, the couch and a dvd and he's gazing outdoors with a rapturous look on his face.  Of course, I'm not the adult in the family who's main source of Vitamin D comes from the sunny side of the playground, either. 

We've compromised this weekend.  After my 6.5 miler in the morning (carrying my iPhone in case I need to call a taxi) we will indulge in some R&R before spending the afternoon outside.  Specifically, we'll be helping to celebrate The Draught House's 42nd birthday.  Delicious craft beer is the one thing guaranteed to get me off the sofa.  The fine men of BeerTownAustin have a delicious list of the brews to be had at Draught House's celebration.

I am excited to see my standby favorite (512) Brewing's Double Pecan Porter, but I'm super thrilled to try Jester King's Commercial Suicide and Southern Star's Pro-Am Smoked Porter "primed with agave syrup with chipotles in the cask".  What what?? Oh, those cheeky Conroe brewers!  Four 6.5oz pours are your's, with a glass, for $12 (if only it was BeerTownAustin's moustache glass).  Happy weekend, indeed.

No comments: