Sunday, May 11, 2008

Moving, Moving, Moving

Yeah, so I moved last week. It was unexpected. I found out during the last week of April that we needed to be out of our house by the end of May. Then on the first Saturday of May I found out that we had to be out of the house in 4 days. I'm not even going to try to explain why.

So...with nothing packed at all, Jaime and I moved my entire world of possessions in a day and a half. I've stuffed full his storage room, formerly large enough to house a third world country family including both sets of grandparents. I'm now at my new digs in Tom & Jaime's house.

What did I learn? I am a firm believer that if you have the money to pay a company to come and pack you up and move your stuff you should totally do it. I have now come to understand that packing under the influence of alcohol is to be avoided. (If anyone finds my dirty laundry please let me know.) You may have the world's best relationship but packing and moving will test it. Especially when one has had adult beverages and the other has not. And lastly, that whole idea that you can reward your friends with a pizza and a 12 pack just doesn't apply to late 30's, early 40's adults. Buy a keg and make it several pizzas. Side note to friends: there will be a moving and keg party sometime this year.

Yes, my current digs are temporary. Jaime and I are planning to move into our own home later this year. Can you believe it? This wonderful man is the same one all of you had to nag at me to date and here I am planning to make things way permanent. Hindsight is 20/20....one of y'all should've bashed me in the head with a skillet and told me to wake up. I could've been 18 months into a great relationship instead of just at a year.

But I digress. Anyway, the move is done for now. I'm getting settled in to life with two new male houesemates. Goodbye Darren & David, hello Tom & Jaime! I've traded the Pug o'Love for a chocolate lab. One snorts and the other slobbers. They're both insanely adorable.

No comments: