Thursday, May 29, 2008

Am I Crazy? Really?? Certifiable?

The question you've all asked yourself over the years has been answered. Yes, I am crazy. I rode a whopping 7 miles on my still new road bike last weekend...and then signed up for the MS150 Bike to the Beach in October.

Holy crap. I've got a lot of training to do. I'm excited and terrified. I'm doing this as a challenge to myself, to give my lazy butt something to work toward. I'm also doing this because Multiple Sclerosis is a disease that should have more research funding, more educational awareness and above all, should be held up as an example of a long term illness that affects so many in our nation.

And I'm going to do my part by biking from San Antonio to Corpus Christi. It scares me to even write it down. It's real and now I have to get ready. Look out, Corpus, here I come!

No comments: