Monday, February 01, 2010

Get Yourself Down to Odd Duck Farm to Trailer!




Can I just say this food trailer that espouses the idea of using locally sourced foods, the whole animal AND has a seasonal menu is tasty? T-A-S-T-Y! As in, I want to eat there every day tasty.

Check Odd Duck's website for the daily menu but expect that it may be slightly different when you arrive, based on sales that week. When something's sold out, it's out. The week I went the trailer was featuring dishes made from a Richardson Farms pastured pig. Delicious.

The pictures at the top of my post spell it out for you. The top pic is a creamy polenta that had a scoop of Shiner braised lamb and veggies on top. So rich, with the deep flavors of the lamb and the cheesy smoothness of the polenta. Mmm! I want some, now. The bottom photo is a grilled romaine salad with goat ricotta cheese and a poached egg. There was also a slice of grilled ciabatta bread topped with some parmesan shavings. The wood grill gave the greens a subtle smokiness that was delightful.
I strongly suggest a soup or salad along with your entree from Odd Duck. Portion-wise, you'll thank me. As it is, if you haven't been yet and this post compels you to visit the trailer, you'll be thanking me anyway. Seriously great food coming out of their tiny kitchen. The chef, Bryce Gilmore, is no stranger to divine dishes. He practically grew up next to the stove. I'm thrilled that his newest venture is already a success.
Odd Duck's open for dinner only Tues-Thurs from 5-10pm and Saturdays 5p-midnight. While you're there, grab a coffee from Austin Brevita (only open nights on Fri/Sat) or dessert from Gourdough's. Hell yeah!

No comments: